Fall 2018 FIU Registration and Pre-Requisites
Online- Registration Period
- Online- Registration Period: April thru August 2018! Students will not be able to register until their Immunization HOLD has been satisfied with FIU.
- NSE students have PRIORITY access to register online for Fall-term 2018. Please take advantage of this priority opportunity since course registration is not guaranteed and is based on availability! REGISTER NOW! You can change your schedule at any time until the end of Add/Drop in August!
- Students will not receive registration access for closed (full) courses. Students must have an active Panthersoft (MyFIU) account including a Panther ID number and password for online registration.
Students will register online via their MyFIU (my.fiu.edu) student-account for any undergraduate courses (1000-4000 level) in which DO NOT have a pre-requisite listed. Please check with the FIU undergraduate catalog to confirm any pre-requisites, http://catalog.fiu.edu/. You should email Jamie Perez if you plan to take any courses with pre-requisites (instructions listed below). Please note, any courses within the 5000-level (i.e. FIU 5010) and above are Graduate-level courses. At FIU, NSE students are not eligible to enroll in Graduate-level courses.
Pre-requisites for Courses
If you are planning to register for any courses with a pre-requisite please email Jamie Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org) a list of those courses, including the five-digit course/section number for each course. The five-digit course number will identify the course-section of your interest (For example: class #32123, section U01, Instructor John Doe, Tu,Th 2-3:15pm). Thereafter, our office will work directly with the appropriate academic departments to assign your registration permission for those specific sections, in which will allow you to register yourself online. Such courses may require departmental prerequisite verification/equivalency checks. Although you have sent in transcripts, your courses are not inputted into our system and your prerequisites will not automatically be recognized. Course descriptions can be retrieved from the online undergraduate catalog at http://catalog.fiu.edu/. Exchange students are responsible for providing adequate proof of pre-requisites with course descriptions and/or official transcripts from their home school in order to register for courses within their major of study.
Business and Accounting Courses
Business and Accounting Courses: Those students needing to enroll in business/accounting courses (including accounting, management, marketing, finance, real-estate, MIS, International business, HR management, business calculus, or business statistics) must follow the instructions below:
- Complete, sign and list selected FIU business courses on the FIU Registration form (attached to my email), including the 5-digit reference (class) numbers.
- Student’s home campus academic advisor or Dean’s signature is required on the add/drop form for approval.
- Students must return (via fax or email) their approved add/drop form to Jamie Perez. There are no guarantees that the section of your choice will be available, please provide alternate choices.
- Such forms will be processed by the FIU College of Business staff.
- Students may periodically check their online course schedule (via MyFIU student account) for verification of enrollment into selected business courses.
Important Business/Accounting Notes
- Once registration is processed for business courses, if students choose to edit their schedule, the above process must be repeated.
- Accounting Majors: All upper-level Accounting courses (ACG 4101: Financial Accounting I and higher) require an entrance exam which is only offered at FIU (in-person only).
- You may also visit the FIU College of Business web site at http://business.fiu.edu/undergraduate_academic_programs.cfm
Online Registration Instructions
Online Registration Instructions:
- NSE Students have access to register themselves online via their MyFIU account, as long as the courses do not have a pre-requisite requirement.
- Fall 2018 course offerings are posted online: https://onestop.fiu.edu/.
- We recommend that you take the online tutorials available on how to “sign up for classes” in order to familiarize yourself with our registration system (called Panthersoft). “Student Tutorials” to learn how to Add/Drop Classes can be found online: https://onestop.fiu.edu/. When choosing your classes, please remember that we have two main campuses—Modesto A. Maidique Campus (MMC) in South, Miami and Biscayne Bay Campus (BBC) in North, Miami.
How to view open class schedule/ Online Registration Steps:
*Tutorials:http://onestop.fiu.edu/new-students/sign-up/index.html#Add/Drop Classes Tutorial
- Log into the MyFIU portal: http://my.fiu.edu in order to register for courses
- Go to the “Campus Solutions Self Service” area.
- Go to “Enrollment” and then “Enrollment: Add Classes.”
- Select Term and click ‘Continue’.
- Students are able to search for classes using the course number, course prefix, department, or class number. They then select courses to add to the “Shopping Cart.” Adding courses to the Shopping Cart does not officially enroll the student into the course(s).
- After all desired courses are added to the Shopping Cart, the student must “Proceed to Step 2 of 3” on the ‘Add page’ and then click on “Finish Enrolling.”
- Students can use the tabs at the top of the Enrollment page to drop courses, swap courses, or view their class schedule.
FIU Campus Locations: Exchange students may enroll for courses offered at both FIU campuses, Biscayne Bay and Modesto A. Maidique. Keep in mind that the travel time between the two campuses is at least 50 minute drive, depending on traffic. The Golden Panther Express Shuttle is a bus service that runs approximately every hour between the two campuses, Monday through Friday, for a $5 round-trip fee.