Placement Acceptance Form (PAF)This is used to confirm your placement with the Host Campus
- If accepting your placement: complete all the missing information in parts A, B, and E on each copy of the PAF. Read Part D and the Conditions of Placement thoroughly. Sign and date each of the three copies of the PAF and the Conditions of Placement forms. Keep one copy for your records. Return the remaining two copies of the PAF and Conditions of Placement forms to the FIU NSE Program Manager.
- If declining your placement: Please send the FIU NSE Program Manager an email or written notification to indicate the reason for declining (personal, academic, or financial).
Conditions of Placement
This is page 2 on the NSE contract and is required with the PAF. It includes contractual agreement/student responsibilities.
- FAFSA updates [Plan A] – now is the time to do this!
- If applicable, schedule a meeting with FIU’s financial aid representatives. It is the student’s responsibility to understand and follow any financial aid policies/regulations that are applicable to his/her individual award.
- Loan Applications
- Develop Budget (use budget sheets provided – also available at the official NSE site.)
NSE Exit meeting / Advising Agreement Form (AAF)
Confirm advisement for all semesters on exchange and returning semester to FIU. AAF must be completed and signed by academic advisor, NSE Program Manager and student. Please submit the AAF to the FIU NSE Office during your NSE exit meeting (prior to your NSE departure):
- Fall-term departures: by July
- Spring-term departures: by October
- Summer-term departures: immediately after placement
- There will be no guarantee on how courses will transfer back to FIU if the coursework taken during your exchange was not pre-approved by your home campus academic advisor.
- Departmental approval may be required for those students who are graduating (seniors).
It is your responsibility to request that an official NSE transcript be sent directly to the FIU-NSE Office (Jamie Perez) at the end of each exchange semester/quarter. Don’t forget!!
International Students at FIU (F-1 or J-1 visa)
Tax Compliance Requirement must be satisfied with FIU prior to your NSE departure. Instructions provided during NSE Exit Meeting.
FIU Housing Cancellation
Students who have a housing contract established with FIU during Fall – Spring terms must submit a housing cancellation request form if they will be living outside of FIU during their exchange period and no longer require FIU housing.
NSE Placement/Contract Meetings
Registration is required with FIU login credentials, and students must attend one meeting: